Papp's Mute

Wayne Walker wayne.w@musicstop.com
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:33:38 -0300

Joe,
So far I have been lucky. I never broke a mute this way. I do have hemostats
in my case but the Papps mute is close at hand. My wife is a dental
assistant and I have a good source for hemostats and other instruments which
come in handy for polyester repairs.
Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Garrett [mailto:joegarrett@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 2:14 PM
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: Papp's Mute

 Wayne Walker said: "While
tuning the piano I drop a rubber mute into the action between the hammers
and dampers. Having remember all of the posting regarding Papps mute I
thought you may interested that I use my, as tweezers to retrieved my rubber
mutes when I drop them into the action."

Wayne,
I've found that is a good way to break those puppies!!! A better tool for
"extraction" is/are Hemostats!<G> Don't leave home without them, I say.<G>
Available from Jensen Tools, in many different sizes and configurations.
Highly recommend them!
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I

   _____

It has removed 1330 spam emails to date.
Try HYPERLINK "http://www.spamfighter.com/Product_Info.asp?"SPAMfighter for
free now!