Papp's mute

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:29:11 -0500

That reminds me of one of my prouder moments in this business.  I went
to tune a Steinway "A" for a local teacher of high regard.  The top was
up and I was preparing to tune when she said "Would it be too much
trouble, would you have to undo all those bolts, to lift up this plate
so I could dust under it?"  It was a proud moment because I successfully
suppressed a laugh!

=20

dp=20

=20

David M. Porritt

dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Farrell
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 7:34 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Papp's mute

=20

Yeah, and then the lady looks over your shoulder and notices that there
is actually a soundboard under all that dust and asks: "is there any way
to clean that dust out of there?"=20

=20

=20

Terry Farrell

	And the felt wedges do a good job of removing dust and debris
from odd corners of the plate and soundboard. You've noticed how they
dust off part of the soundboard when you use them in tuning the treble?
One can do that on purpose, for places like the plate in front of the
agraffes, under the tenor wire.=20
=09
	Susan=20