Stretchy Strings

altieri altieri@nepiano.com
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:44:23 -0400

I didn't check the becket but the string was moving ever so slightly.. I
guess that could have been the problem=20

=20

  _____ =20

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Warren Fisher
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 1:04 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: Stretchy Strings

=20

Jim=20

Sounds like adjacent strings are possibly crossed.  Did you check the
strings behind it to see if one was way sharp?  That much turn is =
impossible
without breaking a string. =20

=20

Did you check to see if the string becket or crosspiece that goes into =
the
tuning pin hole is broken off? That would give you zero pitch change.

=20

Warren

=20

Warren Fisher- Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana=20

98 2500 Dodge Cummins TD, DTT Auto, Smart Controller, E-Brake, ATF, EGT, =
and
Boost gauges, Mag Hytec tranny and differential pans, Aux. tranny =
cooler, 4"
exhaust, monster air filter, engine 125 hp upgrade.

02 Titanium fiver 28E33, aerodynamic front end, 2-120W solr panls,
Friendship 2000 invrtr,=20

four Lifeline absorbed glass mat battries, Honda 5000 genset

=20

=20

----- Original Message -----=20