Verituner Battery

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:09:21 -0400

That is basically the same thing that Dave Carpenter suggested I try. =
Which I did. And it seems to have worked. Time will tell, but it appears =
okay for now.

Terry Farrell

Restoring a Low Charge Capacity
In some cases, a battery may terminate its Charging mode far too early =
and
therefore only accept a small portion of its normal capacity. This is =
more
likely to occur if the tuner has not been used for several months or if =
the
battery has been left in a low charge state too often. To remedy this
problem, charge the battery while monitoring the Charging light (the red
light closest to the front panel) to make sure it stays lit for at least =
90
minutes. If the Complete light comes on early, force the battery to take =
an
additional charge by removing and reinserting the charger plug. Repeat =
this
procedure until the Charge light has been lit for a total of at least 90
minutes. Stop charging if at any time the Charging light does not stop
blinking. This procedure applies only to a battery that will not charge =
its full capacity. In the regular charging routine, recommend above, in
which the battery is charged after several hours of use, the Charging =
light
may be lit less than 90 minutes simply because less than 90 minutes of
charging is needed to bring it to a full charge.

  My Verituner would not hold a charge for any time at all. I noticed =
one day that after charging till the trickle light came on that the =
charge indicator was only one block. I then gave it repeated charges, =
that is imediately after the trickle indicator comes on, unplug the =
charger and plug it right back in. ( The full charge indicator was only =
staying on about 18 minutes which I thought was strange.) After several =
cycles of this My charging indicator showed to be fully charged and it =
lasted longer than I could remember it doing in a long time.
  Norm Barrett