Spinet Bass String

Avery Todd avery1@houston.rr.com
Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:44:11 -0500

Matthew,

All the responses I've read notwithstanding, I got the impression
from your post that
you were going to be replacing an entire set of bass strings? Did I
read you wrong?

If a set, yes, definitely remove the action with all warnings
necessary to the customer.
If only one or two, use the safety pin method someone mentioned. It's
a great way to
replace one/two on any vertical. But universals????? :-( :-( :-( They
don't cost all
"that" much to have them duplicated and you'll probably make up the
difference in the
time saved from unwinding, cutting to length, etc. JMO.

Avery