What are these tiny holes for ? ( On tips of Brown action pronged thingees. )

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:20:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear list,
     In renovating this Brown action, I have come
across some very small ( 1/64"? )holes near the tips
of the pronged portion of the "wippens" which hold the
silk cords in a "M" shape to form a stirrup for one
end of the butterfly springs. They have no currently
apparent function ( this action has been meddled with
a lot )  but I would like to identify them before
proceeding. I have a more extensive description, along
with pictures, which was too large for list inclusion
but which I will very gladly email privately, if it
can be of help. If you can help me identify the
purpose of these holes, please do advise.  It would be
very much appreciated!
     Thanks!
     Gordon

http://auctions.yahoo.com/