Steinway quality control problems---a possible solution !

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:37:10 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think I'd be courting legal problems, anyway,
as I would not be personally commenting on any
manufacturer's product. ( And I'm not sure THAT's
illegal  anyway ).  I would merely be letting the
inquirer read what has been stated by others. In fact,
that is the whole point: not to get personally
involved.
     Still, Sarah's suggestion about compiling
complaints on everyone, not just one manufacturer, is
eminently fair.
     Thump

P.S. The other side of this ethical question is: do we
let dewey-eyed, uninformed piano purchasers
romantically walk into a very costly possible mistake
?  My populist sensibilities say "No". We are more
spiritually obligated to the person standing before us
seeking advice, than a manufacturing enterprise
elsewhere. "Love thy neighbor" just "Do not bear false
witness. "
      By letting the purchaser read the comments of
others without rendering our own opoinion, I feel we
are being as fair and unbiased as is humanly possible.

=== message truncated ===