Soundboard fish

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:53:11 -0700

Dear soundboard Gurus.
    I've noticed the addition of cutoffs in some of your soundboard =
redesigns.
    My question is about the "fish" versions in the high treble are.
    Could you describe the symptoms the fish is designed to improve?
    I have two Asian grands ,one damaged and in the process of =
evaluation and one  7' Y.C. with what seems like an out of tune ,very =
loud  duplex type noise, that I can't seem to improve. (before you all =
start suggesting tuning the duplex ,muting both in front of Capo,behind =
bridge etc I've tried everything including eliminating bleed from =
dampers etc.)
    Any explanation about the addition of cut offs in this area =
appreciated.
    Tom Driscoll RPT