Unusual Piano Actions

Kenny Finlayson kennyfin@jetstream.net
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:55:34 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C58894.DA583B80
A circa 1940's GOULAY. There was a butt assy at the break where some guy =
had inserted an oversize pin and split the wood of the butt assembly =
where the flange meets. The problem was that the angle of the hammer =
shank was such that the butt was irreplaceable.=20
There was one butt assy that I had in my plethora that was close.=20
I sawed off the protrusion of the hole that bridles the bridle tape, =
reamed the hole in the butt to about a 35 degree angle, used epoxy with =
a hammer shank shim on the open hole on the striking side, and it worked =
beautifully.

Kenny F#
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C58894.DA583B80
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...