Soundboard Designer's Nightmare

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:28:50 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_006D_01C58888.BBFD0BE0
Below is a picture of the treble end of the spinet grand I posted on. =
Seems to me this would be about as bad as things could get from a =
designer's viewpoint. How in the world to make the soundboard flexible =
enough for the bass, yet stiff enough for the high treble. The bass =
REEEEAAAALLLLY suffers on this piano - although, maybe not much more =
than your average Winter spinet (but of course, that's not saying much).

Incidentally, the bass bridge is one that I epoxied back together =
several years ago (split wide open along the row of forward bridge pins) =
- it seems to be holding up quite well.

Terry Farrell

------=_NextPart_001_006D_01C58888.BBFD0BE0
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...