room humidity control

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:01:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Terry,

I do not agree that dehumidifiers of the type that use
fans and compressors are quiet. I have not seen any
recording studios that run such a unit while
attempting to preserve a performance. *grin*

I had two such systems in my home from 1980 to 1984.
They did a good job of keeping the humidity and
temperature fairly constant. It did take several weeks
of "tweaking" the controllers to prevent the
dehumidifier and the humidifier from running at the
same time.

The humidistats I had then were "state of the art"
I.E. human hair.

At 07:07 AM 7/14/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>> My 3rd choice system would be an air condition plus
>> dehumidifier plus humidifier plus electric heater
all
>> in the same room. Only the heater and humidifier
will
>> be tolerable as to noise levels.
>
>Some dehumidifiers are very quiet. Can you explain
how this complex system
>of electronics would maintain a desired RH any better
than a good
>dehumidifier alone?
>
>>> Jurgen Goering wrote:
>>>    He has searched for higher end units, but even
>> the manufacturers of
>>>these do not guarantee the precision of their
>> controllers.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts, and especially experiences, welcome.
>
>Sears dehumidifier with electronic humidistat.
>
>Terry Farrell

Regards,
3004 Grant Rd, Regina, SK, S4S 5G7

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/