Private

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:31:29 -0700

Dale,
The center Zippo shows that it has an Oval configuration. This end slips =
over the front rail pin. The "cross piece" shows the pins orientation to =
the frame. A slight twist and it's square to the rail, hence =
"straightened". This will assure that, when you have bushed, that all =
the pins are in optimum position, before easing takes place. When you =
are done with the tool, you simply pull the "cross piece" out of the =
side hole and insert it into the top of the tool. It has a "press fit", =
so it stays in a compact configuration until you need it again. The =
overall length of the tool, in the "closed" position, is about 2 1/4" =
long. Takes up very little space in ones tool kit.<G> It can be used for =
"spacing" also, but is a bit more "guess/by golly". As it's made out of =
brass, it will not mar the key pins!! Get it?
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: joegarrett@earthlink.net=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 7:09 PM
  Subject: Private=20

    Sorry Joe I don't get it. Splain it to me please.
     Dale
    All,
    Enclosed, my tool of the day! Once I had drilled/milled it to size, =
(1/8"x3/8"), and held it in my hand, it felt and looked like a miniature =
Zippo Lighter...Hence the name. Once you try one of these gems, you'll =
never straighten key pins any other way!<G>
    The left Zippo is in the "assembled" mode. The center Zippo shows =
the end view. The right Zippo is in the "storage" mode.<G> Just thought =
y'all'd like to see.<G>
    Regards,
    Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
    Captain, Tool Police