interesting action

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:25:59 -0700

Sorry no pictures but I tuned a Wurlitzer spinet today with the wippen flanges (actually a lifting mechanism) facing the pianist.   i.e. you could remove it without pulling the action.   The sticker went down from the key and was glued to wood piece that was rounded on the top and lifted up the actual wippen/jack.  The action pulled out leaving the sticker lifting assembly in the piano.   I've seen this in another piano but can't remember the name...J Bauer?

David I.