An Urgent Message - Risk of Fire

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:20:16 -0500

I don't know definitively but I would guess it to be true. It certainly
will not produce any more heat than the 1.5watts of electricity
consumed. Therefore the heat produced will be miniscule,
inconsequential. The more energy that goes into actual light production
the less will go into heat production.

One of us needs to go to sleep. I vote me. ;o

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Susan Kline
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:21 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: An Urgent Message - Risk of Fire

At 09:35 PM 7/19/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Virtually all of the energy consumed by a bulb goes into heat
>production.

Dean, do you know if this is also true of the new LED bulbs?
I don't see how it could be true, if they draw that little power
and make that much light.

I'll try the web soon, and see what I can find out.

Susan

P.S. Aladdin lamps also make a lot of heat. In the middle of
the winter, this might not be all that bad a side effect.