An Urgent Message - Risk of Fire

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:21:18 -0500

>>Dean is right--but only for incandescent technology.

Maybe I could help clarify a little here. A light bulb converts
electrical energy to heat energy and light. A fluorescent bulb is more
efficient at producing light than incandescent and a LED is more
efficient yet. But still very little of the electrical energy is going
into light production and most of it is going into heat. It really does
not matter what kind of light source you have, a good rule of thumb for
how much heat is generated is the electrical consumption. It will never
produce more than its electrical draw, conservation of energy won't
allow it.

Or were you talking about the dimmer switches? On those, of course, you
can only use incandescent bulbs or halogens.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802