Moving from Uprights to Grands

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:33:25 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0157_01C58D6A.47A4CE40
I know its been said before, but I have the urge to reinforce it: =
celebrate with a bottle of champagne, sit down and tune - oh no! - sit =
down, tune that grand, and then open up the bottle of champagne!

The only thing I can add directly related to tuning is that if you tune =
unisons as you go (don't strip mute), you might want to consider getting =
some felt mutes - they really work great on grands. Below are the tools =
I use for tuning grands (except my tuning lever).

Good luck and enjoy! (Gosh, I sure prefer tuning grands rather than =
verticals!!!)

Terry Farrell

> When someone feels he/she may be ready to begin trying their hand=20
> at tuning Grand pianos, (when all they have had experience tuning is=20
> Uprights), what should they do first?
>=20
>=20
> Thank you very much