Moving from Uprights to Grands

Richard Gullion pianoguy@rogers.com
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:57:31 -0400 (EDT)

David
Excuse me but are you speaking tongue in cheek, or is fine tuning within a cent or 2...do you mean unisons, intervals octaves ??? How does one tune with two mutes. [Inquring mind]

David Ilvedson <ilvey@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I used a temp strip for years but once I got into tuning with an ETD, I've gone to 2 mutes.   Any appreciable tension change, mute free or not means a second pass.  That's a given right?  "Fine Tuning" means the tension is withing a cent or 2.   I'd be interested in knowing if temp strip tuners are stripping off the entire piano before proceeding?

David I.