Conn Strobotuner

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:13:15 -0700

I tuned a piano for someone who showed me a mandolin he was making. He
explained how the top has to be carved (like a violin), then braced and
tuned to resonate at a certain pitch (actually the left half was
supposed to be a slightly different pitch than the right). Since the top
can ring for only a short time, you need to have a strobe type of tuner
which responds immediately.

He said that he was looking on ebay or Craig's list and a going price
was $75.

Tom Cole