Conn Strobotuner

bill peterson wpeterson2@socal.rr.com
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:56:20 -0700

The old strobe tuners are great for chipping..  Bill Peterson
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Thomas Cole=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:13 PM
  Subject: Re: Conn Strobotuner

  I tuned a piano for someone who showed me a mandolin he was making. He =
explained how the top has to be carved (like a violin), then braced and =
tuned to resonate at a certain pitch (actually the left half was =
supposed to be a slightly different pitch than the right). Since the top =
can ring for only a short time, you need to have a strobe type of tuner =
which responds immediately.

  He said that he was looking on ebay or Craig's list and a going price =
was $75.

  Tom Cole

  Brian Doepke wrote:

    Hello,

    Does anyone have any use for an old Conn strobotuner?  (other than a =
boat anchor)  The old spinning dial type in a "brick solid" brown case.

    Feedback please.  Thank you

          Brian P. Doepke

          A.A.A. Piano Works, Inc