Stretching the Treble

Robin Stevens pianoman@westnet.com.au
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:12:40 +0930 (Cen. Australia Standard Time)

 Mark...Do yourself a favour and give up "Horse and cart" piano tuning, a=
nd
buy a recognized ETD. The Cybertuner program is what you really need, and
more, in the year 2005.=0D
=0D
Robin Stevens ARPT=0D
South Australia=0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Pianotech=0D
Date: 07/20/05 03:52:35=0D
To: pianotech@ptg.org=0D
Subject: Stretching the Treble=0D
 =0D
I have been "tuning" for several months now. I know that this isn't=0D
very long but there is no sense in continually turning out tunings that=0D
just don't sound right in the treble.=0D
I feel I have a good enough ear on this matter.=0D
I tune aurally and would like to know what partial(s) to listen for to=0D
make this stretch sound more accurate.=0D
I have no trouble in the bass, only the treble.=0D
 =0D
Thank you for your time=0D
 =0D
Mark=0D