Bachcheck Remover

Warren Fisher fishwar@bellsouth.net
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:17:18 -0500

John,
I answered David's post as shown below, but it disappeared in cyberland somewhere. Hope this one makes it.

David,
I will put them on using a drill press with the regular backcheck adjuster chucked up and a jig on the table to produce the correct angle for pressing them in.  The drill press depth adjuster will set them all at the same depth. Not my idea. Saw it at a convention years ago.
When I build the jig, I will put a picture in here.
Warren

PS:
I seem to recall that you need to glue a thin square of hammer felt inside the adjuster to protect the tops of the backchecks.  Or it may come that way. I don't remember.

Warren Fisher- RPT
Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana

----- Original Message -----
From: John Fortiner
To: Warren Fisher
Sent: 7/23/2005 9:20:16 PM
Subject: RE: Bachcheck Remover

Warren:  I see your method of removing the backchecks.  Do you have a great method for installing them ( wires and backchecks) that will keep the wire from bending?
For removing the wires I've normally used a pair of visegrips clamped on the wires and then used a pry bar in a similar method to what you have done in the photo you posted.

John Fortiner
Billings, MT