from a neat freak

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:37:09 -0500

I've followed an alternate method of puffing compressed air into the
piano with a shop vac. with a HEPA filter drawing the dusty air off
on the other side.  That would be a little hose in one hand and a big
hose in the other.  In theory you could get a second hose for your
shop vac and blow through one while vacuuming with the other.  I like
being able to control, on/off, the compressed air.  This is useful in
pin fields and especially under the dampers where a rag can't do much
but re-arrange the dust.  With newer soundboards and low humidity you
can get clean this way without sticking a soundboard steel in there
and trying to avoid scratches.

Andrew