from a neat freak

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:17:30 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_001C_01C591CB.3B057850
from a neat freakTo all the neat freaks I've known before----

Here's a "grabber" I use to clean  soundboard.  If it's metal use shrink =
tubing over it so it doesn't scratch. Grab a rag (microfiber shown) =
moistened maybe and push around.  Use a popsicle stick or tongue =
depressor and push into the corners or to scrub stubborn spots

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jon Page=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 8:39 AM
  Subject: from a neat freak

  >...that blowing with a decent compressor would indeed get most of the =
dust off the board, >unless there had been a spill and it was some sort =
of gooey spot. As long as it were a >powerful enough compressor, that =
is.

  Dust clings to the surface. More accumulated dust sits upon this =
coating. You can blast the
  blanket of decades of accumulation off the surface but the hazy =
coating remains.

  Blowing the dirt around is not cleaning, just reducing the amount of =
soil.

  Your efforts would be better spent pushing a rag around than with the =
wholesale debris evacuation method. Lately I've been wiping down damper =
heads, plate struts and plate
  expanses for customers to keep ahead of the onslaught, saving board =
cleaning for more intensive
  endeavors.
--=20

  Regards,