from a neat freak

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:39:28 -0400

>...that blowing with a decent compressor would indeed get most of
>the dust off the board, >unless there had been a spill and it was
>some sort of gooey spot. As long as it were a >powerful enough
>compressor, that is.

Dust clings to the surface. More accumulated dust sits upon this
coating. You can blast the
blanket of decades of accumulation off the surface but the hazy
coating remains.

Blowing the dirt around is not cleaning, just reducing the amount of soil.

Your efforts would be better spent pushing a rag around than with the
wholesale debris evacuation method. Lately I've been wiping down
damper heads, plate struts and plate
expanses for customers to keep ahead of the onslaught, saving board
cleaning for more intensive
endeavors.
--

Regards,