Pinblock Boring FIXTURE, used to be "jig"

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:16:47 -0700

Warren asked: "The one I am interested in has a platform spanning the =
case and an
angled base for the drill that make the bit go in at the right angle.
You drill the block after the plate is in place.
=20
I saw one of these at a convention a while back and now I am thinking I
might try to put one together.  Does anybody have one that you could
send me pictures of? Some hints about how to rig it up would be
appreciated also."

Warren,
I have a Fixture that just rolls up to the piano. It is multi-faceted in =
it's height adjustments, etc. It is based on my Delta Radial Drill =
Press. The whole thing was painstakenly designed on the inside of a =
Cheerios Box, by my son and me. Unfortunately, no pictures are available =
at this time. Possibly, if Jeannie makes that Shop Crawl that she was =
talking about at K.C., she'll do some Digitals of it.
It also serves as the storage area for tuning pins, of which I have a =
wad of.<G>
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police