old grand with a K

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:30:46 -0500

At 22:43 7/27/2005, you wrote:

>I have been hired to recondition an old baby grand recently bought by my
>client. The client is interested in knowing the manufacturer of the
>piano.  There is no fallboard decal since it was refinished some time ago
>and the refinisher didn't replace it.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Tom Sivak
>Chicago

Tom,

If, eventually, no one on the list can identify the beastie, there may
still be hope.  If the strings are original, the stringmaker of your choice
may have the answer.

I recall that, back in the '70s, a set of strings was sent to Schaff from
WITCC, identified only as "little white grand".  It came back called
"Wurlitzer".

YMMV.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;