Nobody Knows the Treble I've Seen ...

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:39:21 -0500

Thanks, gonna try that next time. Or maybe a damp cloth over the hammers
and light touches with the old iron.

If you use the alcohol and water (I'd probably use unadulterated, i.e., non
scented, 70 or 90% isopropyl) do you have to wait overnight or use a dryer
before you can tell how it's doing?

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

I've
> never metered the results except with my ears.
>
> Too little felt to needle up there, and anyway, it's all solid as a rock.
> Vodka never broke a fiber yet. Besides, some owners enjoy the jokes.
"Your
> piano is just too _dry_. It needs a drink ..." etc. However, in the high
> treble, it doesn't need a BIG drink, and it shouldn't get into the habit
of
> drinking.
>
> In octave 6, I'm more likely to work on the duplex (a little strip of
> bushing cloth, a dab of gaffer's tape, even a drop of white glue ...)
with