VERDIGRIS IS COPPER CORROSION ( Thanks Susan! )

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:09:50 -0700

You know, Gordon, if you got the stainless wire to straighten out
properly, maybe you could use it European-style, as long pins.
You repin the parts gang-style, and then clip them apart. That
way, you'd have a lot less point-shaping to do. I'm sure Jurgen
could tell you how it works. I've never actually seen it done.

Piano wire is pretty polished and smooth. I can imagine it working
as a center pin, but only if stainless.

I suppose pulling the wire through some kind of jig which would give it
a little reverse bend (reverse from the coil direction of bend) might
get it straight enough. Like the little end on the "brake" of a small
coil of Schaff wire. It took me awhile to realize why the little
piece on the coil brake was bent out like that.

Susan