Tuning in public places.

Warren Fisher fishwar@bellsouth.net
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:00:51 -0500

Andrew,
If you get one of those sticks that come with a new pianos  and cut it so
that it extends over the sides of the keys by a half inch or so, place it
behind the black key tops and when you put the action in far enough  for
the hammers to clear the pin block, hook your thumbs on the front of the
keyframe and then press down on the stick with your fingers while pushing
the action home, you will miss the fingers, unless one is already bent and
stuck up high, but I assume you would look first.
Hah! Try to read all that in one breath!! :-)
Warren

Warren Fisher- RPT
Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana
98 2500 Dodge Cummins TD, DTT Auto, Smart Controller, E-Brake,  ATF, EGT,
and Boost gauges, Mag Hytec tranny and differential pans, Aux. tranny
cooler, 4" exhaust, monster air filter, engine 125 hp upgrade.
02 Titanium fiver 28E33, aerodynamic front end, 2-120W solr panls,
Friendship 2000 invrtr,
four Lifeline absorbed glass mat battries, Honda 5000 genset