The results of your email commands

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:00:00 EDT

Alan
I think the question  is one of motivation.  IE  What does it really mean to
be an RPT ? To your client?..... Usually  nothing.  To You?  ....Dunno.
It's a bench mark to me, that  is  valuable, to myself or yourself with in
the  PTG  Organization. But remember,  many folks aren't really joiners
unless
there is a compelling reason. And  frankly just cause  your not a member
doesn't mean that you couldn't be one  of  the best techs on the Planet.  One
of my
mentors  was a rock solid tuner a  basic tech. He didn't see the need.
I personally find the modern day networking an  invaluable  continuing
education program available to me for zilch but  that's  me.
SO I suggest there are many who have no  compelling  reason or not a strong
enough one. There are  of course a hundred other  reasons & it's not for lack
of folks giving the exams
Dale  Erwin

I notice every month in the journal there are many more "new  members"  than
there are "new RPTs".  It seems like,  over time, the numbers ought  to be
almost the same,  discounting only non-tuning members. I have my  theories.
There
were quite a few who took exams in Kansas City, but are  not now  RPT's. Are
we
undermotivated? Underprepared?
Your thoughts?
Alan