Alan - Rpt tests

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:04:40 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/2005 3:00:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Erwinspiano@aol.com writes:

   Alan
I think the  question is one of motivation.  IE  What does it really mean to
be an RPT ? To your client?..... Usually   nothing.  To You? ....Dunno.
It's a  bench mark to me, that is  valuable, to myself or yourself with in
the  PTG Organization. But remember,  many folks  aren't really joiners
unless
there is a compelling reason.  And  frankly just cause your not a member
doesn't mean  that you couldn't be one of  the best techs on the Planet.  One
of  my
mentors was a rock solid tuner a  basic tech. He  didn't see the need.
I personally find the modern day  networking an  invaluable continuing
education program  available to me for zilch but that's  me.
SO I  suggest there are many who have no compelling  reason or not a strong
enough one. There are of course a hundred other   reasons & it's not for lack
of folks giving the  exams
Dale  Erwin

I notice every month in the journal there are many more "new  members"  than
there are "new RPTs".  It seems  like, over time, the numbers ought  to be
almost the  same, discounting only non-tuning members. I have my  theories.
There
were quite a few who took exams in Kansas City, but  are  not now RPT's. Are
we
undermotivated?  Underprepared?
Your thoughts?
Alan