reflections on a hammer

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 15:55:25 +0200

--Apple-Mail-10--312009

On 4-jun-05, at 7:46, Quentin Codevelle wrote:

> Hello Andre,
> =A0
> Does your message mean that Abel uses only Wurzen felt now?
> Or do they propose to choose between VFG or Wurzen for their hammers?
> =A0
> I remarked that the Abel VFG hammers that are sold in sets (without=20
> boring) are really nicely shaped, although the Renner sets of hammers=20=

> with Wurzen are looking more "rough".
> Does it has to do with the press they use, or do Abel workers iron the=20=

> hammers after the gluing process, so that the hammer looks fine?
> =A0
> Thanks,
> =A0
> Q.

I'll show you a year old picture of our Bechstein hammer, made for us=20
by Renner.

--Apple-Mail-10--312009
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 1099 bytes
Desc: not available

--Apple-Mail-10--312009--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Bech 1.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 54002 bytes
Desc: not available

--Apple-Mail-11--312007

This is a typical example of a magnificent, custom made, hammer with=20
Wzen AA quality.
No sanding, no dope, no ironing (which I think kills felt anyway) no=20
nothing. Just glued in a very modern press.

Over time we have altered this hammer : it is now in walnut, with a=20
different tail, and the weight has been changed to our specifics. This=20=

is the miracle hammer of my choice for Bechstein grands.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

www.concertpianoservice.nl