Sojin Daiwoo?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:17:34 -0700

I'd say "board" was another name for key.   He sanded the key=
 which was rubbing against its neighbor.   Possibly this was a=
 Daiwoo expert?

David Ilvedson

Original message
From: Alan Barnard
To: Pianotech
Subject: Sojin Daiwoo?

Anyone heard of this brand of piano? The fallboard says "Sojin"=
 and the (baby grand) soundboard decal says "Daiwoo"? You'd guess=
 it was made in Korea, and you'd be right--there is a "Made in=
 Korea" label on the inner rim.

Second question: in 2003 someone tuned it (for $45!!!) and on the=
 receipt she showed me, he also listed something that has me=
 totally mystified. It says "Adjusted/sanded board to fix=
 sticking keys problem."  What the heck can that be? I was afraid=
 he'd sanded the key bed but I checked the bedding and it is=
 good. Whatayathink? He charged a whole 5 bucks for this=
 interesting operation.

Alan Barnard
Stumped Twice in One Day in Salem, Missouri