models

Don Mannino donmannino@comcast.net
Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:24:19 -0700

Greg,

You will need to create a second data file which contains brand name and
models.  Link it to your customer database according to the piano
brand.  Your customer data screen will have the brand field in the customer
database file, then it will have the model field from the piano brand/model
database file.

Simple format them both as drop-down lists (I am not familiar with
filemaker pro, but I presume this is not difficult).  If you select a brand
like Kawai which has a bazillion models, you should create a button which
switches you to the piano/model database view, and you can simply enter the
model in there.  Jump back to the customer screen, and the model should
join the list of available models in the model drop down field.

I think it is easier just to type in the model, but what the heck -
relational databases are fun.

Don Mannino RPT