More Bizarro Chick ( ering ) pics, 3

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 20:26:14 -0700

What we've been looking at these past few days is the standard Brown action that
was used by Chickering for a number of decades. Given that Chickering was among
the brighter of the early piano builders I've always figured he must have had a
reason for continuing to use this action well after the Hertz-Erard action was
adopted by other builders. I've finally gotten my hands on one and look forward
to playing around with it some.

If I'm not mistaken Jack Wyatt has a model of this action and probably has
regulating tips and ideas as well.

Del