Kawai CA-40 tuning problem

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:49:46 +0100

Hello Listers
This Kawai grand is not that old. It simply will not stay in tune. My =
colleague at Glyndebourne had tuned it the previous day - and, like.... =
it was horrible! Not just the 8ves, but the unisons also. He invited me =
to "have a go" - which challenge I took up with gusto! Next day I had a =
"look" at the tuning and found that... although it wasn't as bad as when =
I started the previous day it had indeed drifted. Now I think the web =
bushings are soft and the wrest pins are flag-poling. So I have a notion =
to inject some CA in there to try and solidify those bushes. What does =
the Team think?
Regards from a Bartered Bride day in the Sussex Downs
Michael G.(UK)