Kawai CA-40 tuning problem

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:12:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Michael,

Lower pitch and tighten the pin block and rim.

CA may help too--but these pianos are designed with a
"no fit" block to flange. Sometimes they move around.

At 02:49 PM 6/16/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>   Hello Listers This Kawai grand is not that old. It
simply will  not stay
>in tune. My colleague at Glyndebourne had tuned it
the previous day -  and,
>like.... it was horrible! Not just the 8ves, but the
unisons also. He
>invited me to "have a go" - which challenge I took up
with gusto! Next day
>I had  a "look" at the tuning and found that...
although it wasn't as bad
>as when I  started the previous day it had indeed
drifted. Now I think the
>web  bushings are soft and the wrest pins are
flag-poling. So I have a
>notion to  inject some CA in there to try and
solidify those bushes. What
>does the Team  think? Regards from a Bartered Bride
day in the Sussex
>Downs Michael G.(UK) No virus found in this incoming
message. Checked by
>AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database:
267.7.2 - Release Date:
>6/14/2005

Regards,
3004 Grant Rd, Regina, SK, S4S 5G7