Need Advice on Baldwin Hamilton Studio Upright

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:45:00 -0400

Hi David,

>> Something thin like a screw driver blade might work...but the spring =
won't stay with the blade.  You need a groove in the blade to catch and =
hold the spring.   How about a thin brass rod from a hardware store and =
cut a groove in the end with a file.  Someone mentioned the Hart =
tool...that's what I use, many tools you can make yourself.=20

A small screwdriver has worked just dandy in the same situation with my =
Hamilton studio.  It probably helps that it doesn't have any sort of =
groove.  Just push the spring back at a slight angle towards the center, =
and it slides off of the tip of the screwdriver, snapping right back in =
the groove where it should be.  Easy as pie.

Peace,
Sarah