Kawai CA-40 tuning problems

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:48:47 -0400

>Another strange problem has emerged on this piano. Anyone had the
>strings pop out of the wrest-pin hole? Well that's the other problem.
>Were the strings used on this model somewhat annealed I wonder? Gosh!
>Will it never end? Sounds like a re-string and a rim job.

If the becket segment is not long enough, the coil may slowly
'unwind' or creep.
Perhaps the stringer did not place the wire sufficiently into the
hole during the
stringing process. Hence your predicament.  Loosen the coils on a few
to examine
this wire length.

Another procedure would be to apply pressure on the speaking length by rubbing
to coax the wire through the bridge pins to insure wire segment
tension and rendering.

Are the loops all down to the plate at the hitch pins?  It would be a
good idea to tap
them down before rubbing. Also "squeeze" the loops at the hitch pins
to reduce any
chance of slippage/creep.
--

Regards,