Tuning price

Brad Smith staff@smithpiano.com
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:54:49 -0400

Do you know how they corral wild zebras?   White plastic sheeting stretched
around clothesline.
The zebras can't see past the plastic, so they never challenge it.

I never just tune....hence I do not quote "a tuning" fee.
People will pay for good service, done with a good attitude, competent and
prompt as promised.
STOP quoting a tuning fee alone, unless you only take a hammer, fork and
mutes to a tuning.

Dare to challenge the 'low price' plastic sheet!
Talk to yourself...
Some day, I'll be paid what I'm worth....?
What would have to change for me to begin charging what I'm worth?
What would be different about me, if I were to be worth the highest price in
town?

If you have a thousand reasons to stay at cheap rates...as Yogi Beara
says....who can stop you?
Save the typing of excuses.  Do the things that you believe warrant higher
prices.
i.e. Get RPT, do ten regulations, tune for a concert in 40 minutes, rebuild
an action, take stock of your valuable skills,
quantify how much you've really helped your customers.
Earn value in your own mind, you'll never go back.

Cheap prices cheat your future and your present.

As Peter Grey told me:  "You'll train your customers that prices go up, or
you'll train them that prices never change".

If you can't seem to charge the old faithful customers real money, then
start charging the new people a real rate.
Then, gradually bring the old along.  Get creative about solving it, rather
than creative about justifying it.

http://www.smithpiano.com/pricing.htm

Best regards,

Brad Smith, RPT