back problems

Warren Fisher fishwar@earthlink.net
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:13:50 -0500

Susan,
We've got an old studio that someone "repaired" before (considerably
before). It had the interesting situation where the screw holes holding
the lid down were dead center into the glue joint between the back board
and the pin block where it came apart. They obviously tried to pull the
two together by tightening the big bolts instead of putting some serious
clamps on there. The result is a 1/8-3/16 inch gap between the boards that
I'll bet I can't close with clamps now. What'cha think? My first impulse
is to take a wrecking tool and pry that sucker apart and start over. Am I
borrowing trouble? It is also separated from the case sides so that
shouldn't be a problem. I'm on another job right now so it is not
something I have to decide right now. Whatever I do, I am going to put big
plugs in those lid hold down screw holes to prevent the problem happening
again on my turf!
Warren

Warren Fisher- Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana

Warren Fisher- Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana
98 2500 Dodge Cummins TD, DTT Auto, Smart Controller, E-Brake, ATF, EGT, and Boost gauges, Mag Hytec tranny and differential pans, Aux. tranny cooler, 4" exhaust, monster air filter, engine 125 hp upgrade.
02 Titanium fiver 28E33, aerodynamic front end, 2-120W solr panls, Friendship 2000 invrtr,
four Lifeline absorbed glass mat battries, Honda 5000 genset