back problems

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:37:43 -0700

Hi, Warren

Glad to see you back again.

With the caveat that I don't do work like this, I think in your place I'd
reduce the thing to its basic parts and then build it back up again. And
I'd see if I couldn't work out a different system for the lid, so that the
screws could be somewhere else.

Any chance it has something like powder post beetle in there?

Susan

P.S. You probably are borrowing trouble, but that's better than buying. At
least it belongs to somebody else and you're just giving it a temporary
home ... or, as Richard Davenport was once quoted as saying, "I'm glad it's
not my piano."