back problems

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 04:20:16 -0500

Warren,

Good to see a old friend return to the zoo...

At 20:37 6/21/2005, Susan wrote:

>With the caveat that I don't do work like this, I think in your place I'd
>reduce the thing to its basic parts and then build it back up again. And
>I'd see if I couldn't work out a different system for the lid, so that the
>screws could be somewhere else.

>>  It had the interesting situation where the screw holes holding
>>the lid down were dead center into the glue joint between the back board
>>and the pin block where it came apart.
>>Warren Fisher- Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana

Lots of good advice for closing the gap... or at least minimising
it.  After that is done, I think I'd drill, plug and redrill where the
screws have to go to make the hinge work properly, then do the felt
covering thing to cover up the multitude of sins.

My 2¢, YMMV

Conrad
Escaped Navy, Decorah, IA