Wurzen felt

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:08:27 -0500

> I guess my unstated point was that we have now nothing new or magical
> that we haven't had access to for years.
>
> Greg Newell

Not exactly. Some very nasty sounding soundboards have been built of
very nice Sitka. The material is just part of the equation, and
anything can be ruined by poor application.

I have an interesting opportunity in the works. Along with the D I'm
re-designing and remanufacturing this summer, I have another D
action to rebuild concurrently. I'm putting Wurzen hammers in both,
for comparison between original and redesigned scales and boards. I
expect it to be quite educational.