Tuning price

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:53:30 -0500

I charge more than the other tuner who is an RPT and I am not. At least
I was. He keeps trying to get ahead of me.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Andrew Olson
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 2:09 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: Tuning price

This is all well and good-- EXCEPT-- here in Door County, WI there are
two
RPT's who both charge $50 for a tuning.  I am apprenticing with one of
them
and he charges $75 a tuning down in Lake Geneva- which is 4 hours away.
The
rate in Green Bay-- which is an hour away-- is $75.  But, the local rate
here just does not creep up.  I am not an RPT but hope to be someday
soon...but it doesn't make sense for me to charge more than the RPT's.
What
can I do?  I agree that it is too cheap.

Andrew Olson