RE: Würzen felt

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:42:42 -0700

Greg.
I heard that also.  So I asked Ray about it.  He said that there are
different qualities of Würzen felt.  Of course, there are!  As to who has
the better quality, I'm sure they'd each say that theirs is, or that there
is no difference.  After I heard Rick say that I remembered that Würzen is
the main supplier for felt throughout Germany.  I'm sure they have different
qualities to match different pocketbooks.  I'm about to order a set of
Ronsen Würzen hammers.

Can those of you who have used both Renner and Ronsen, is there a
significant difference?
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Greg Newell
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:35 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Wurzen felt

List,
         I recently attended the "Renner All Stars" class at the national
convention. There I had the opportunity to ask for opinions on the new
Wurzen felt. It was my impression from this list that the Wurzen felt was
only available from Ray Negron at Ronson hammers in these United States.
Rick Baldassin insisted that Renner Blues have used Wurzen felt for over a
decade. Any comments?

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Forté
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net