Steinway Backchecks

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:08:18 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_002B_01C5771A.B1A91370
Yes, It is much easier to cut shorter than longer. :-)

Cheers to all !!!!

Hubert,whom is in computer hell at present, Liverman

Tuner/Tech
Opelika,Al
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:28 AM
  Subject: RE: Steinway Backchecks

  The old style NY Steinway are more like 65mm long (at least from the =
one I measured in the shop).  The width is correct.  I would argue in =
favor of precutting them on the long side.  Once glued they can be =
trimmed easily with a side cutter (center pin type).  If they are too =
short, that's a problem. =20

  =20

  David Love
  davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20