Table saw recommendations?

George Tyson tysonpiano@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:44:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sarah,

  I like the Bosch 4000 for about $500.  In addition to all the other good ideas previously mentioned, having a built in shop-vac hook up is a must.  I rarely use the saw without hooking up the shop-vac.

George Tyson

Sarah Fox <sarah@graphic-fusion.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm currently shopping for a new table saw.  I'm considering two large-ish models.  One is a Hitachi, with a really nice fence system and smoothly working parts -- nice heavy build.  The other is a Rigid brand (from Home Depot).  It's got a bit of plastic, but not too much.  I don't like the fence quite as much, but the table is roomier and has more cast/milled surfact to it.  Both pop up on casters and roll around the shop.  The price is about the same.  I think either would suit my needs pretty well.  I've never owned either a Hitachi or Rigid tool.  Any recommendations from y'all?

Thanks!

Peace,
Sarah