Table saw recommendations?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:31:14 -0400

Hi Sarah,

Like I told you, I'm no table saw expert. A few others have suggested =
that a good fence is critical to a table saw. I'll take their word for =
it. It may be that a fence system is like a blade guide on a band saw or =
a drill chuck on a drill press: Don't expect good quality in these =
components from any manufacturer - purchase aftermarket products for =
these critical areas of the machine performance. Perhaps the same is =
true for a table saw. Get a good saw, but save some $$ for a =
high-performance fence. This may be quite germane if you are doing =
exacting work (building picture frames, etc.). Check out the fences INCA =
makes:  http://www.incra.biz/Products/TSLS.html =20

I'm waiting for them to come up with a fence for a bandsaw.  :-(

Terry Farrell

    Hi all,

    I'm currently shopping for a new table saw.  I'm considering two =
large-ish models.  One is a Hitachi, with a really nice fence system and =
smoothly working parts -- nice heavy build.  The other is a Rigid brand =
(from Home Depot).  It's got a bit of plastic, but not too much.  I =
don't like the fence quite as much, but the table is roomier and has =
more cast/milled surfact to it.  Both pop up on casters and roll around =
the shop.  The price is about the same.  I think either would suit my =
needs pretty well.  I've never owned either a Hitachi or Rigid tool.  =
Any recommendations from y'all?

    Thanks!

    Peace,
    Sarah