Baldwin SD-10 weight

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:28:28 -0500

At 06:52 6/23/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>We had a similar leg breaking incident here with a "B" and a
>threshold.  It was a piano that normally didn't move anywhere.  If you
>like, I can get you the name of the young man who was moving the
>instrument and was but 2" from having his foot amputated.  He can give a
>dramatically told story of his feelings when that hit the floor.  That
>kind of money saving is what has made our legal profession as lucrative as
>it is.
>
>dp
>
>David M. Porritt
><mailto:dporritt@smu.edu>dporritt@smu.edu

Absatively posalutely!  Then there are the ones who did the folding back
leg trick to a Baldwin R (5'8").  Three days later(after the weekend) the
tech crew (good friends) in that building phoned and said I should come and
take a look at the piano.

Found piano with that end of piano sitting on a chair, leg tucked under
carcase and music from the "activity" still on the music rack - bench in
corner of room.  I suppose it was easier to play standing up with the
keyboard at that angle.

Oh! Did I mention the "do not move" sign found on the floor of the room the
piano _had_ been in? Temporary illiteracy strikes again.

Grrrr

Conrad Hoffsommer
It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object realize that you are in a hurry.